COBALT Invites Belarus Startups to a Seminar at Lithuanian Embassy in Minsk
Law firm COBALT in cooperation with the Program “Create for Lithuania”, which is run by Invest Lithuania, will hold the seminar on the topic of “Transfer of business to the EU market – Lithuanian experience: recommendations for IT-companies and start-ups” at the Lithuanian Embassy in Belarus (Minsk, Zaharova street, 68) on 19 January, 2017 (14.00-18.00).
COBALT lawyers will explain how to transfer business to a foreign state properly or how to open a company branch abroad as well as elaborate on migration and residence issues, they will also tell which tax, foreign currency and corporate related matters are to be considered by Belarussian IT-sector representatives in this case. The representatives of “Create for Lithuania” will present the “Startup Visa” in Lithuania and its benefits for the foreign startups planning to relocate their business to Lithuania.
Using the example of Lithuania the lawyers will tell about the peculiarities of migration, corporate and tax legislation of this country, possibilities of Vilnius Tech Park – one of the largest technological hubs in the region.
This seminar will be beneficial for Belarussian IT-companies, start-ups, as well as for other entrepreneurs.
- Olga Polozova – Senior Associate at COBALT office in Belarus, LL.M. in international business law (Central European University, Hungary). She is an expert in technology transfer (Emory University, USA). More than 10 years of experience in legal support of international business.
- Tsimafei Savitski – lawyer with LL.M. in IT law, IP and data protection. (The John Marshall Law School, USA). He has worked in a leading American micro financial company FINCA International in the department of information security.
- Nerijus Zaleckas – Senior Associate at COBALT office in Lithuania, LL.M. in European and International Law (University of Amsterdam, Netherlands), Master of law (Queen Mary, University of London, UK). More than 10 years of experience in legal practice.
- Elena Vėgėlytė – lawyer at COBALT office in Lithuania, an expert in the sphere of international tax planning. Elena holds a Master of law degree (Vilnius University, Lithuania) and is a lecturer of the Institute of Private Law at Mykolas Romeris University. More than 7 years of experience in advising local and international clients on Lithuanian and cross-border taxation issues.
- Barbora Guobytė – Project Manager at “Create for Lithuania” responsible for the creation of Lithuania's “Startup Visa” model and implementation in the public sector. Master of Sciences (The London School of Economics and Political Science).
Participation in free of charge. Places are limited Registration is here.
It is possible to confirm participation by giving a call to Victoria Masiuk (+375-17) 336-00-93 or writing an e-mail to the following address: email@example.com.