“Green Experiment”: new funding opportunities for the development of environmentally friendly technologies
Jun 27, 09:45
The Innovation Agency Lithuania and the Ministry of Economy and Innovation invite representatives of startups, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), universities, colleges and research centres to find out more about the new “Green Experiment” funding instrument. It is aimed at the development of innovative environmentally friendly technologies, in particular those that make use of industrial waste generated and disposed of in industrial enterprises.
During the event, experts will give an overview of:
- circular economy principles and industrial symbiosis;
- how much and what kind of industrial waste is generated in Lithuanian industrial enterprises during the production process;
- what funding opportunities and conditions are foreseen for the development of new technologies under the “Green Experiment” instrument and what support potential applicants can expect when preparing their applications.
When? 27 June, 9:45–11:30.
Where? J. Balčikonio st. 3, Vilnius. Technopolis BETA, Šatrijos Raganos Hall.
Registration by 26 June: https://forms.office.com/e/pwTef2Ajtu
9:45–10:00 Coffee and snacks
10:00–10:10 Opening address | Grėtė Lelė, Adviser to Minister of Economy and Innovation
10:10–10:35 Presentation “Circular Economy Strategy: instruments, regulation and prospects for new business models” | Assoc. Prof. Dr. Visvaldas Varžinskas, Associate Professor at the Institute of Environmental Engineering of Kaunas University of Technology, Head of the Centre for Packaging Innovations and Research.
10:35–10:50 Presentation “Industrial symbiosis: concept and implementation practice” | Virginija Kargytė, Bioeconomy Research Institute of Vytautas Magnus University, Association LithuaniaBIO.
10:50–11:05 Presentation “The green transformation of industry: the prospects of secondary raw materials” | Renata Liubinavičė, Coordinator of the ManuFuture Lab of the Innovation Agency Lithuania.
11:05–11:30 Presentation and discussion “Green Experiment” – investment in the development of environmentally friendly technologies. Basic conditions for funding” | Sigita Skrebė, Head of the Business Productivity Projects Division of the Innovation Agency Lithuania.
About the “Green Experiment” funding instrument:
- Source of funding: Programme for the European Union Funds’ Investments 2021–2027.
- Project activities to be funded: promotion of investment in the development and demonstration of innovative environmentally friendly technologies in SMEs operating in smart specialisation areas.
- Call amount: EUR 8 million.