Climathon Vilnius 2019
Oct 25, 18:00 - Oct 27, 20:00
World’s biggest climate innovation movement is back!
🌎 Our home planet is spinning closer and closer to exceeding the 1.5 degrees global warming temperature. Climate change (crisis!) is not just on our doorsteps but has started entering our homes and cities.
🌳 CLIMATHON, the largest climate action collective of its kind is a global 48-hour climate change hackathon which takes place simultaneously in more than 100 cities around the world. It brings together the challenges of the world’s cities with the people who have the passion and ability to solve them.
🚀 THIS EVENT is perfect for people who enjoy creating solutions to complex challenges that have the potential to create huge positive environmental and economic impacts in Lithuania and abroad.
😎 During the event you will choose one out of the following CHALLENGES:
1. Mobility Challenge | Can we improve our daily journeys and make them easier, greener and more efficient?
2. Food Waste Challenge | We are looking for smart solutions to decrease (or eliminate) the food waste in Lithuania. Can you help us solve this problem?
3. Green Customer Loyalty | How businesses can endorse and evaluate their customers’ involvement towards climate and environmental crisis prevention?
4. Smart Waste Collection | Can we think of some smart, perhaps rewarding ways to help citizens recycle more and do it more efficiently?
5. Energy Challenge | We are looking for energy efficiency solutions for private households.
🎉 THE PRIZE – The best teams will be able to develop their product/service further with the city and/or our private partners. In addition, winning teams will receive:
– €1.000 in cash;
– Dinner with Contrarian Ventures investors team – “Pitch me over dinner”;
– 3 months of free membership at TV3 Play startup hub at Vilnius Tech Park;
– An opportunity to on-board a 6-month EIT Climate-KIC Startup Accelerator programme and receive funding of up to €50.000!
Organisers: Vilnius Tech Park, Climate-KIC.
Main Partner: ERGO.
Our Partners: Modus Group, Auga, AcceleratorOne, TASTE MAP, Nordic Berry, Nula.