Computational Protein Engineer
At Biomatter Designs we are pioneering the technology for Generative Protein Design and actively seeking exceptional and passionate people to join the team.
What you will do in this role:
• Develop and apply state of the art computational protein and peptide engineering tools to design new or improved proteins within the organization.
• Critically evaluate experimental data and incorporate this knowledge into the design of improved protein variants.
• Collaborate with leading external partners from academia and industry to ensure leadership within the field.
• Prepare and present written and oral reports/dashboards to scientists/non-scientists.
• Identify new applications or areas for computational protein and peptide engineering and implement these into design workflows.
What we expect:
• Ph. D. (or Msc. with 5 years of industry/academia experience) in bioinformatics, structural biology, life sciences or other relevant areas with strong expertise in computational protein engineering.
• Solid knowledge of protein biochemistry and biophysics.
• In-depth experience in designing new or improved functions and properties of proteins (e.g. novel enzymatic reaction or improved thermostability).
• Highly skilled and experienced using protein modelling software such as Rosetta, Schrodinger or MOE.
• Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
• Ability to work both independently and in cross-functional teams.
• Track record of publications in high-impact journals and presentations at scientific meetings, demonstrating the ability to design de novo or improved proteins.
It would be awesome if you had:
• Expertise in one or more commonly used molecular modeling software packages (e.g. Amber, Gromacs).
• Solid programming and scripting skills (e.g. Python, R) and experience with statistical analysis and data science techniques.
• Experience with experimental protein engineering e.g. directed evolution, high-throughput screening or other.
• Working knowledge of bioinformatics and databases.
• Work environment in which you can develop your talent and realize ideas and innovations within a competent team.
• Flexible working arrangements: with core hours of 10am-4pm, you can choose a pattern that works for you.
• An attractive, market-oriented salary aligned with your qualifications.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Contacts to apply: email@example.com