MITA – InnoStart
Mita – Agency for Science, Innovation and Technology is the main governmental institution, responsible for the implementation of innovation policy in Lithuania. MITA provides free of charge services for clients from business, science and public sectors, interested in possibilities to develop strong cooperation relations with international partners and get financial support for research and innovation projects. MITA provides national financial support for projects participants.
„InnoStart“ is one of MITA measures for new and innovative small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), who are willing to get a donation for ideas and product development or recruitment of researchers.
Objective of funding: main objective is to encourage the creation and development of new and innovative SME entities, ensuring the development of innovative ideas, products and services, and promoting the independence of enterprises in the implementation of R&D works within the company.
- Fostering the creation of innovative SMEs.
- Recruitment of researchers and/or scientists in knowledge-intensive small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and, at the same time, the development of SME products for their commercial exploitation.
- Fostering the development of innovative SMEs.
- SME entities who are operating for up to 12 months from the date of registration.
- SME entities who are operating for at least 12 months and not more than 36 months from the date of registration.
- Knowledge-intensive small and medium-sized enterprises who are operating for at least 12 months from the date of registration.
Partners: are not eligible
Project selection method: Continuous selection of projects.
MAXIMUM AVAILABLE FUNDING AMOUNT FOR THE PROJECT:Up to 52 173.98 €
CALL FOR PROPOSALS FUNDING: 5 000 000 € are allocated from the European Regional Development Fund for project implementation. Two calls for proposals are announced: the first call for proposals foresees the allocation of up to 2 000 000 € for SMEs operating in Vilnius, Kaunas, Klaipėda and its districts. The second call for proposals will allocate up to 3 000 000 € for SMEs in all municipalities of Lithuania, except in the cities and districts of Vilnius, Kaunas and Klaipėda.
CALL FOR PROPOSALS: Call for proposals is continuous, i.e. applications are accepted until 2020 September 30. Selection of projects will be completed earlier if the amount of funding allocated and requested according to the decisions taken and the applications evaluated makes it possible to allocate the full amount of funds to the call for proposals.